Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Frost

In honor of the first snow of the year here in London, my last Writing in the City creative piece!

PS I go home in 10 days!!!! (Before that though, I go to Spain on Saturday until Tuesday)


Cold. Cold that seeps into your bones.
Night. Night that comes before you’re ready.
As I sit by the window, I hide from the frost outside.

Barren. Barren trees that hibernate for the winter.
Solitude. Solitude that protects us from the cold.
As the fire crackles, I hide from the frost outside.

Glitter. Glitter from the frost that coats every surface.
White. White that falls from the sky to join the frost.
As I shrug on my coat, I hide from the frost outside.

Steam. Steam from my breath that dances in the air.
Roses. Roses that color my cheeks as they greet the cold.
As I step outside, I embrace the frost.

Frost. Frost that comes with winter.
Winter. Winter that lets the world sleep.
As the earth sleeps, the Londoners embrace the frost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment