Thursday, October 29, 2009

IMO: The Last Song By Nicholas Sparks

I just have to get this out. Ordinarily, I love a good Nicholas Sparks book from time to time. Sometimes I just need a good overdose of sappy love, even if 75% of them have horribly sad endings.

I just started reading Mr. Sparks's latest novel and it's fairly standard fare for him. Except for one thing. Every chapter has to tell you who's POV it is set in. I understand that most of the reading public isn't comprised of geniuses, but I think if you start a paragraph off saying "Will ran down the beach" or something to that effect, they get the picture that it is from Will's point of view. Why do we need to be told? None of his other books have done this and it's very annoying and making it hard for me to get settled into the story fully because I'm so annoyed.

Just thought I'd put that out there. If I can get past this, I'll post a full review once I've finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment